Reading Room Rules
Reading Room Rules (Including career Guidance, Reference section, Senior Citizen ,Women’s Section and News paper & Journal section):-
- The reading Rooms are open on all working days from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (except Monday).
- Admission to reading Room is free to all persons but should be holding reading card.
- Reading cards are issued on applying to the Librarian, Lending Section on the prescribed form along with 1(one) copy of stamp size photograph and on producing suitable residence reference (i.e.-I/Card, Pan Card, PRTC etc……).
- Reading cards are not transferable and are valid for one year from the date of issue. This card should be renewed after one year.
- Reading cards shall be shown at the entrance or to the section in-charge. If required.
- Tracing in the book is completely forbidden.
- Readers shall not take their own books into the reading room.
- Persons found mutilating the pages of books or periodicals or otherwise damaging them shall have to make good the loss and they shall be debarred.
- A foreigner researcher, tourist, or un-registered reader may search any topic or information from reference books by submitting his/her written application along with proper identity and required topic. (As per format supplied by Reference section).
Birchandra State Central Library
Agartala, West Tripura.