Service Available in BCSCL
1. Lending Service. ( 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. )
2. General Reading facility. ( 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. )
3. Career Guidance Study facility. ( 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. )
4. Reference Service. ( 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. )
5. Reprography Service. ( 1.00p.m. to 7p.m. )
6. Cyber Café facility. ( 12.00 noon to 6 p.m. )
7. Reading facility for Children. ( 1.00p.m. to 7p.m. )
8. Women Reading facility. ( 1.00p.m. to 7p.m. )
9. Reading facility for Senior Citizen. ( 8.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m. )
10. Journal & periodical Study facility ( 8.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m. )
11. Free Newspaper Reading service. ( Free Service to all 8.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m. )
12. Information Searching facility from Old Newspaper. ( Free Service to all 8.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m. )
- Languages Covered: - Hindi, English, Bengali, Kokborok, Manipuri, Chakma only.
- No. of Newspaper Subscribed: - 36 nos. (National, regional, Local daily)
- No. of Journal/Periodical Subscribed: - 65 nos.
Readers Service:- Over 500 readers a day on an average attend Birchandra State Central Library. Besides, the Library also have a Lending Section for issue of some categories of books to the Library members and for issue of books to Government offices on Inter-Library /official loan .The number of issue per day on an average is about 200.It follows open access system.
Apart from the general Reading Room in the Central Library the Library also maintains some specialised Reading Rooms for the following person’s.
i) Senior Citizen for Senior CTZN
ii) Women Section for Women only
iii) Children’s Corner for children
iv) Career Guide Section for Students, unemployed Youths etc.
v) News Paper Reading Room for general reader
vi) Reference reading Room for researcher
vii) Hindi Service for Hindi speaking People
viii) Internet (Cyber Café) for internet users
ix) Physically Challanged Corner for differently abled readers
x) Digital Library for research scholar