Rules of Internet Networking Services
Guidelines for the use of internet networking services at Birchandra State Central Library
- Eligibility for membership:The service shall be available to the bonafide readers/members of the library having basic knowledge in Computer. For this purpose,they will be given a computer operating card for availing this facility. In this regard separate amount of Rs. 300/-(three hundred only) shall have to be deposited as security amount ,which is refundable. To obtain this card , one has to apply in the prescribed application form (to be available at the counter) with 02(two) copies of stamp size photograph and producing permanent resident certificate(i.e. I/Card,Pan Card,PRTC/Ration card etc.). For occasional users,permission shall have to be obtained from the competent authority (H.O.O,BCSCL).
- Internet facility shall remain open from 12 noon to 6 p.m. on all working days (Except Govt. Holidays and Monday).
- Internet shall be used basically for Research and Academic purpose only. The use may be asked to specify his/her need and their website key out the view the research topic/purpose etc.a register to be maintained to ensure the optimal purposeful use of the facility.
- Users will normally be allowed maximum 1 (one) hour time at a stretch.
- User/(s) has to give prior information for downloading the required material for teir research purpose.
- User/(s) will be allowed to take print out of the downloaded material on A$ size paper by paying in advance @ Rs.2/-(two) per page.
- The library will allow copying of downloaded material into a new CD which may be provided by the Library.The charges for this service shall be Rs. 15/-(Fifteen) per CD.
- Using/ Downloading of messenger facility for e-mailing and chatting and surfing of unwanted site are strictly prohibited.
- Strict disciplinary action shall be taken for misuse/abuse of the facilities (accessing unauthorised sites,chatting,e-mailing etc.)
- Silence shall be observed and mobile phone should be kept in silence mode in the Cyber Cafe room.
- Users are not allowed to take their own books,bags,umbrella,pen drives,cds etc. Inside the Cyber Cafe room. Only pen and notepad are allowed.
Birchandra State Central Library
Agartala, West Tripura.